Neatness is expected for dress in the classroom. Clothing should be in good condition and appropriate for a classroom setting. Modesty is also expected despite the revealing nature of various styles of clothing. Specific classroom dress code is as follows:
• Clothing condition: All clothing should be clean and should not have holes, frays, or tears.
• Dresses: Dress and skirt length must hang near the knee or lower. Dresses with spaghetti straps or tank top must be covered with a sweater. Neckline should be no lower than an imaginary line that crosses the chest from upper armpit to upper armpit.
• Leggings/Jeggings: Leggings/jeggings must be covered by a shirt, dress, or shorts that hangs near the knee or lower.
• Outerwear: Hats (including school issued baseball caps), hoods, sunglasses, jackets, and blankets are not allowed during the school day and should be stored in lockers.
• Pants and shorts: All pants and shorts are to be worn at the natural waist. Pants must not sag and underwear must never show. Shorts must hang near the knee. Sweats, wind pants, yoga pants, and athletic shorts are not permitted.
• Piercing, Tattooing, Hair Color: No piercing allowed except earrings. No visible tattoos are allowed. Students may dye their hair using only natural hair colors.
• Shirts: Shirts must cover the lower back and midriff when sitting or standing. Clothing may not refer to alcohol, alcohol-related establishments, tobacco, drugs, anti-religious messages, skulls and crossbones, goth-like appearance, music groups, sexual innuendo, or violent images. Tank tops, halter tops, strapless tops, spaghetti strap tops, see-through tops, sheer tops, and underwear worn as outerwear are not permitted. Necklines should be no lower than an imaginary line that crosses the chest from upper armpit to upper armpit.
• Shoes: Students must wear shoes.
• Undergarments: Undergarments must not be visible.