First Day Of School!
A Note From the Principal…
We are closely monitoring every announcement concerning the opening of schools in the fall. As of now, we are planning to have in-person face to face school. We will abide by the recommendations put out by the CDC and our local health department. Here is a glimpse at a few of the things we are doing thus far:
- Our classrooms are currently being redesigned to accommodate the recommended 6 foot distancing specifications.
- We are looking at our daily schedule to see how we can make adjustments to allow for sustained distancing procedures.
- Students will be asked to to wear facial coverings on the bus and while at school.
- We are creating a checklist and procedure that will help streamline daily health screenings and building entry.
- We are designing a strict cleaning & sanitizing schedule.
ELHS has a big advantage over other schools that are grappling with space issues. We have a large building and an extensive campus that will be able to accommodate our students and ensure an optimal learning environment. By the end of this month, we will have our detailed COVID-19 Reopening Plan published and we will be ready for the first day of school on August 25, 2020.
God’s blessings on the rest of your summer. I can’t wait to see you in the fall.