Evergreen Lutheran High School will follow WA Department of Health’s school COVID-19 requirements. This decision was reached after much discussion with our School Board, teachers, and other schools. These discussions include conversations with schools who consulted legal help in making their decisions. Here is a summary of our guidelines:
· All staff and students must wear face coverings/masks indoors and on school transportation vehicles, regardless of vaccination status.
· Evergreen will not inquire of or monitor the vaccination status of our students.
· Masks do not need to be worn while outdoors, while eating lunch, and before and after school when students, parents, and staff are outside.
· A student showing any of the following symptoms MUST stay home: A fever of 100.4°F or higher (students will not be allowed to be in school if they have been given fever-reducing medicine), cough, shortness or difficulty of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, new loss of taste or smell, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, congestion/runny nose, or unusual fatigue. We will not be monitoring the temperatures of students at school.
· Students who have been in direct contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID must stay at home and follow the latest quarantining guidelines before returning to school
· Students should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day.
· Physical distancing of three feet will be implemented in the classrooms whenever possible.
· Teachers may lower their mask to better communicate with a student group if the teacher is more than 6 feet away from any student at the time.
· We will accept a medical exemption from wearing a mask that has been granted and signed by a licensed medical health professional. Please provide a signed copy of the exemption to the school office for our records by the first day of school.
· Synchronous online class may be prearranged when students are required to quarantine as a direct result of COVID. Other absences will be treated as normal sickness, and students will receive their homework and assignments from their teachers.
· Masks are not required by participants or spectators for outdoor sports of any contact level.
· Masking is required universally for all spectators attending indoor Evergreen sporting activities, regardless of vaccination status.
· Universal masking is required indoors for participants when not practicing or competing, regardless of vaccination status.
· Universal masking is required by all athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and support personnel when indoors regardless of vaccination status.
· Athletes on shuttles and buses will be required to wear a mask.